Skip to main content

Yepoon


After 1,500 kilometres we've reached the sea.    Oh dear, the caravan park looked like the nursing home was on holiday.  We've found the grey nomads.

As we are going to follow the coast for the next 1000 kilometers, I guess there is more of this to come.


Comments

  1. LOL.

    The trees look like something we have in pots in our living room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the same thing ... those trees look like giant pot plants.

      Delete
  2. I posted a photo of a pandanus tree too today!
    http://southernqlddailyphoto.blogspot.com.au/2013/07/23-july-2013.html
    I just love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if I like them or not. I notice your shot has fruit in it. I only saw one or two with fruit and found them fascinating but don't remember if I took a shot of not ... took soooo many photos on such a looooong trip.

      Delete
  3. I discover the 'nursing home effect' whenever I go to the cinema during the day. But I am part of the problem, not the solution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me pause when I make fun of the grey nomads when in fact I am just an apprentice of the same with just a few years left to go before becoming a card carrying member.

      But this particular caravan park had the more inactive type of nomad, people from the south just sitting in the sun not really adventuring. When we ventured out west I found the people more my type.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals