Skip to main content

Sugar cane


As we nudged our way up to Mackay we saw our first sugar cane plantations.  I know, I know we are going to see lots more of it but it was exciting to welcome these first stands.

Comments

  1. I've never been through this part of Queensland before so looking forward to seeing it through your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had been right up north as a kid but remembered hardly anything. On the other hand, my husband went up there as a kid about the same age and remembered heaps. I dunno what I was doing ... sleeping probably.

      Delete
  2. When the flower blooms it is time to harvest so you might not see lots more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, we discovered that those flowers mean harvest time.

      Delete
  3. I don't think I've ever noticed the flowers before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't either. They are so pretty with loads and loads of pinkish fluffy flowers across the field. There are more shots somewhere in the sequence.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals