"To muse, to creep, to halt at will, to gaze ... such sweet wayfaring" William Wordsworth
Search This Blog
Airlie beach
When we see the turquoise water of Airlie Beach I feel like we have found the tropics. And look at the Whitsunday Islands, the home of idyllic island resorts, out there on the horizon.
I have been wondering what these spots are like in Summer. I found the winter weather just perfect whereas I think I would find summer too hot and humid.
I am not sure if things are more crowded in Summer, perhaps on the beach but the caravan parks are full in Winter with sun seekers from down south.
In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town. On another wayfaring trip we visited the radio telescope at Parkes but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish.
I sailed around the Whitsundays, the last time back in the early '90s. Probably much changed in the intervening quarter century.
ReplyDeleteI'm not keen on boats but having been here I can see the allure of sailing in the Whitsunday's so many gorgeous islands and the reef as well.
DeleteI haven't been there but it looks beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThe area is delightful. Worth a drive one day Diane.
DeleteAh! to be there right now .... isn't that sparkling blue just gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteAnd my photo didn't do it justice!
DeleteI've only been to the Whitsundays once in summer. Must say it's looking gorgeous on a winter's day.
ReplyDeleteI have been wondering what these spots are like in Summer. I found the winter weather just perfect whereas I think I would find summer too hot and humid.
DeleteI am not sure if things are more crowded in Summer, perhaps on the beach but the caravan parks are full in Winter with sun seekers from down south.
Ooooo - wouldn't I have fun on my paddler out there?!
ReplyDeleteLots to explore.
(that sandcastle is freaking me out a bit).
There are lots of secret coves for you to visit in your paddler. I will show you some tomorrow I think.
DeleteAs for that sandcastle, it must have been a lot of work to build.