Skip to main content

Crown

Royal Hotel, Munduberra
I was surprised to find Munduberra claiming to be the Citrus Capital of Queensland.  I thought the nearby town of Gayndah had long received that crown.  Has anyone heard of Munduberra oranges?  I haven't, but I have certainly heard of Gayndah oranges -- marketing is more than staking a claim.

But at least their Royal Hotel is authentic.

Comments

  1. I haven't even heard of Gayndah oranges!
    (now I feel like an orange)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's funny. I looked up the web and they have an orange festival and a big orange. Oranges have to be important in Gayndah.

      Delete
  2. A QLD pub selling Carlton. I guess Carlton and XXXX have the same parent company anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I saw a lot of XXXX up this way. But since I only really notice Royal Hotels can't speak for the presence of Carlton. I know that in NSW most of the Royal Hotels have Tooheys signs.

      I've got a few more Royals on the trip ... let's see what they are displaying.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Windy August

Tumbleweed It was August (known to be a windy month of the year) and it was blowing a gale.  Tumbleweeds hurtled across our path, pressed forward by the busy wind. While I was photographing the tumbleweed, I braved the icy blast to find a few more tiny flowers and fruits by the roadside.

Big sky country 3

The Pinnacles, Broken Hill Clear blue sky is very dull!  But there is something of interest in the image.  These odd shaped mountains appear on the skyline just outside the city. I had planned otherwise for my closing sky today.  On a hill outside town there are wonderful sandstone sculptures which I saw the last time I was here. I planned to photograph them against the setting sun but we left our run too late, so you don’t get to see them until our return journey.

Country lines 1 of 2