"To muse, to creep, to halt at will, to gaze ... such sweet wayfaring" William Wordsworth
Search This Blog
A right royal start
Royal Hotel, Spring Ridge
Royal Hotel, Quirindi
We were targeting Quirindi for our next stop because I knew there was a Royal Hotel there that I had not captured, but the one we found at Spring Ridge on the way was a complete surprise.
Most rural hotels seem to be two-storied ... and usually the only storied building in town. I guess it's for accommodation upstairs and eating & drinking at street level.
In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town. On another wayfaring trip we visited the radio telescope at Parkes but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish.
Most rural hotels seem to be two-storied ... and usually the only storied building in town. I guess it's for accommodation upstairs and eating & drinking at street level.
ReplyDeleteYes Dianne that is often the case. I can only assume for the reason you suggest.
DeleteWould it be your assessment that this would be the numerically paramount pub name in Australia? With perhaps Railway Hotel coming second?
ReplyDeleteI've updated today's post (which has another Royal) with the answer to this.
Delete