There are sure lots of palms up north. I got quite sick of them in the end. I said to my hubbie I would never put a palm in my garden, then I remembered we already had one!! A very tall skinny thing so high up and in a jungle corner of my garden I have not even noticed if it gets fruit.
Those berry ones are very attractive. I think my favourite however is the one with greyish leaves like in the bottom shot, just because it stands out from the rest.
In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town. On another wayfaring trip we visited the radio telescope at Parkes but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish.
They are all pretty especially with the sun dancing on them. We have the berry ones in our yard.
ReplyDeleteThere are sure lots of palms up north. I got quite sick of them in the end. I said to my hubbie I would never put a palm in my garden, then I remembered we already had one!! A very tall skinny thing so high up and in a jungle corner of my garden I have not even noticed if it gets fruit.
DeleteThose berry ones are very attractive. I think my favourite however is the one with greyish leaves like in the bottom shot, just because it stands out from the rest.
Just caught up on the trip, it has brought back many wonderful memories of a family road trip when younger.
ReplyDeleteGreat photos telling a wonderful story.
I did a trip up there with my parents when I was 15. I remember very little of the detail of that trip so everything from this one was new.
Delete