Skip to main content

The river below


Climbing the mountain we can see the River below. I am not sure if it is the Bylong River. Like most of the rivers in this area it's fringed with she-oaks and has busy rocky bits and lazy sandy bits.  They find gold in those rivers.


Comments

  1. Great shots! It almost looks like it's in another country compared to the outback rivers I've seen recently. Do you need a license to pan for gold there these days??

    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could be the upper reaches of the Goulburn ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red, you don't need a license to pan for gold, but I am not sure where it can be done. I know there are some areas in state forests where it is Ok to fossick on a personal rather than commercial scale.

    Diane, my hubbie dreams of going panning one day.

    Julie, it also reminded me of the Goulburn River. It is certainly flowing in the same area.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals