Close up August 29, 2011 I never quite know where to stop when it comes to canola. I am mesmerised by these bright yellow flowers. Share Get link Facebook X Pinterest Email Other Apps Share Get link Facebook X Pinterest Email Other Apps Comments diane bAugust 29, 2011 at 7:15 PMHow do they harvest it? Where does the oil come from, the stalk or the flower?ReplyDeleteRepliesReplyJoan ElizabethAugust 29, 2011 at 8:40 PMDiane, the oil comes from the seeds. So I guess is it not harvested until seeds set. I believe harvesting is done with header much the same as wheat.ReplyDeleteRepliesReplyUnknownAugust 30, 2011 at 10:14 PMGlad you posted this close-up, it's a lovely bloom.ReplyDeleteRepliesReplyAdd commentLoad more... Post a Comment
Listening to the stars September 11, 2015 In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town. On another wayfaring trip we visited the radio telescope at Parkes but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. Read more
How do they harvest it? Where does the oil come from, the stalk or the flower?
ReplyDeleteDiane, the oil comes from the seeds. So I guess is it not harvested until seeds set. I believe harvesting is done with header much the same as wheat.
ReplyDeleteGlad you posted this close-up, it's a lovely bloom.
ReplyDelete