"To muse, to creep, to halt at will, to gaze ... such sweet wayfaring" William Wordsworth
Search This Blog
Autumn
I haven't been anywhere new to start a new tour but we went out to our block at Clandulla this weekend. Poplars just sulk and drop their leaves in the mountains but turn glorious gold out west. Drink in their beauty until I find a new story to tell.
Yes, when we see them along the road to Canberra they're always so beautiful this time of year. The Autumn colours really hit the spot don't they. (Must be shockers to keep though, all those suckers they throw out!! )
I looked them up and they may be a declared weed in some places but not universally. They are like liquid ambers, willows and camphor laurels not exactly recommended these days.
In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town. On another wayfaring trip we visited the radio telescope at Parkes but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish.
What beautiful colour!
ReplyDeleteYes, when we see them along the road to Canberra they're always so beautiful this time of year. The Autumn colours really hit the spot don't they.
ReplyDelete(Must be shockers to keep though, all those suckers they throw out!! )
I didn't realise they did that. But most of the ones I see are in big paddocks so not such a problem I guess.
DeleteI think they are regarded as a noxious weed now but they are beautiful in Autumn. I didn't realise that they didn't stay coloured in the mountains.
ReplyDeleteI looked them up and they may be a declared weed in some places but not universally. They are like liquid ambers, willows and camphor laurels not exactly recommended these days.
Delete