Skip to main content

At the end of the march


I end this Anzac day series with a shot of this lovely lady, the modern face of our armed forces.  She is a Wing Commander and her medals are from service in Afghanistan.

Comments

  1. These are touching portraits Joan. I'm glad that you had the courage to approach strangers. I haven't found mine yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes little courage for me talk to strangers but I have not asked to photograph one before. It seemed very natural this day. I think the tiny camera makes a difference.

      Delete
  2. The whole series is a wonderful tribute to the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki. My hubby says I gave the lady an early promotion (she is a Squadron Leader) but it was so lovely to meet her either way.

      Delete
  3. "Sweet Wayfaring" has been included in Sites To See #368. Be assured that I hope this helps to point many new visitors in your direction.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2014/05/sites-to-see-368.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jerry. I see you have selected a number of my favourite sites.

      Delete
  4. A sweet photo.
    Thanks for all of them Joan :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan your comments are always so encouraging.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals