Skip to main content

Rainy skies


The rain on the rich red soil country around Canowindra made for interesting skys.

Comments

  1. Watching rain moving in, especially on dusty ground is always delightful. I have to remember that this is your Fall season and not your Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watching and smelling ... I love the smell of approaching rain. And I love the effect it has on wildstock.

    Some of this land borders on parched, Joan. Letty will love these two shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the (almost) minimalistic shot divided in two! Rain can clearly be seen on the right. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie's right - I especially like the first shot.
    I love the teeny poofs of trees on the horizon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Windy August

Tumbleweed It was August (known to be a windy month of the year) and it was blowing a gale.  Tumbleweeds hurtled across our path, pressed forward by the busy wind. While I was photographing the tumbleweed, I braved the icy blast to find a few more tiny flowers and fruits by the roadside.

Big sky country 3

The Pinnacles, Broken Hill Clear blue sky is very dull!  But there is something of interest in the image.  These odd shaped mountains appear on the skyline just outside the city. I had planned otherwise for my closing sky today.  On a hill outside town there are wonderful sandstone sculptures which I saw the last time I was here. I planned to photograph them against the setting sun but we left our run too late, so you don’t get to see them until our return journey.

Country lines 1 of 2