Got it myself: Cabonne Country, "Australia's Food Basket" is a rich rural shire in central west NSW, covering the towns of Canowindra, Cargo, Cudal, Cumnock, Eugowra, Manildra, Molong and Yeoval. The area is home to the site of Australia's first gold rush and is famous for ballooning, food and wine, agriculture and mining."
And the name is an Aboriginal word meaning "large". The council site gives a lovely little map.
hmm, I think I can post something similar ... . But around here no cattle roaming and no need to give trees a haircut. A difference between Australia (and Portugal obviously) and Germany.
In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town. On another wayfaring trip we visited the radio telescope at Parkes but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish.
Very dun coloured soil: wheat shafts waiting to be returned to the soil. Lovely curves to this landscape. You have placed the tree just so ...
ReplyDeleteTell me: Carbonne Country. What sort of a division is that? Shire, parish ...
Got it myself: Cabonne Country, "Australia's Food Basket" is a rich rural shire in central west NSW, covering the towns of Canowindra, Cargo, Cudal, Cumnock, Eugowra, Manildra, Molong and Yeoval. The area is home to the site of Australia's first gold rush and is famous for ballooning, food and wine, agriculture and mining."
ReplyDeleteAnd the name is an Aboriginal word meaning "large". The council site gives a lovely little map.
Okay ... I'm ready now ...
Great shot! Once again this could be southern Portugal! :-)
ReplyDeletehmm, I think I can post something similar ... .
ReplyDeleteBut around here no cattle roaming and no need to give trees a haircut. A difference between Australia (and Portugal obviously) and Germany.