Skip to main content

Sun the stubble


After the sumptuous poplars of the last three days it's almost a shock to post a picture of the open country. We stopped to see what I could do with photographing one of the stubble fields, and to my surprise there was yet another abandoned house in the middle of it.

The first book written by Colin Thiele, a famous Australian children's author was "The Sun on the Stubble". I remember laughing my way through the radio reading of it on the ABC Children's Hour.

Musing:
I found this quote from Colin Thiele from a 7:30 report TV interview.
"We sucked up this country through our boot soles. It's in our blood. We'd never lose it. I have a great affection for it. I like the open countryside and this was certainly open enough!"


Comments

  1. I'm back. Did not see any wheat plantings during the entire journey.

    Realise though, that there was so much more to the area than just one weekend can do credit. Went Lithgow, Rystone, Mudgee, Hill End, Sofala and then returned via Bathurst but without going into the town centre.

    Need to go back to each place for a full weekend. Thanks for the heads up about the locale ... I had a ball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, smee again!

    I saw quite a few of your photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping you took them too!!

    Glad the weekend went well. It was rather cold and drab here. I've been thinking of you on your trip.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals