Skip to main content

Another abandoned house


Another abandoned house seen on a back country road.

Musing:
From Soldier's Farm by Judith Wright
"He asked for nothing but the luck to live,
so now his willing blood moves in these trees
that hold his heart up sunwards with their arms.
The mists dissolve at morning like his dreams
and the creek answers light as once his eyes;
and yet he left here nothing but his love."

Comments

  1. Lovely composition, Joan with the reedy bit down here near the windmill.

    Makes you ponder doesn't it, whether the conditions that led to someone just up and going still continue til this day? I am astounded that the tanks have not been pilfered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll buy it! :-) The place looks so peaceful! A windmill like the one I've posted a couple of days ago! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I saw JM's windmill photo and made the same connection. They are such beautiful structures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm in tears. What a splendid poem. However do you find them...

    ReplyDelete
  5. These day's I am too time poor to read novels so poetry is perfect -- short and sweet to read and long and lanquid to muse upon while doing other things. Hence I have a rich source to draw on. I have my favourites whose themes I know. It's a bit like the Bible, after a long association I know the right general direction to go to find what I'm looking for.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals