"To muse, to creep, to halt at will, to gaze ... such sweet wayfaring" William Wordsworth
Search This Blog
Royal Ingham
Royal Hotel, Ingham
I found Ingham to be an awkward town but I discovered its one saving grace.
And below is another contribution for the Royal Collection I received when I was away. Sent in by Anne a friend of Diane. Thank you Anne, sorry it has taken so long to post.
Aha that's Ann's home town. She is on holidays down the coast at the moment. Two more beauties for your collection. Haven't been to Ingham only passed through on a train.
In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town. On another wayfaring trip we visited the radio telescope at Parkes but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish.
Aha that's Ann's home town. She is on holidays down the coast at the moment. Two more beauties for your collection. Haven't been to Ingham only passed through on a train.
ReplyDeleteI am assuming you mean Childers is Anne's home town. We passed thru it towards the end of the trip ... I really liked it.
DeleteYes agree it is a funny town, frequently battered by cyclones. WOW 2 Royal hotels!
ReplyDeleteThe second Royal is in Childers not Ingham.
Delete