"To muse, to creep, to halt at will, to gaze ... such sweet wayfaring" William Wordsworth
Search This Blog
Big mango
We had to find a 'big thing' sometime. We're at Bowen. Bowen mangos are like Gayndah oranges, Stanthorpe apples and Kingaroy peanuts ... almost everyone in Queensland has heard of them.
And I can't believe I haven't had any since I got here - Boiled Peanuts. I forgot about them! I'll have to get off to the old Bettie Bros fruit shop for a bag tomorrow.
It actually looks like it's been cleaned up since the last time we were there a few years ago - Bowen is our nemesis. The only 2 times we've stayed there, there's been a massive unseasonal deluge!
In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town. On another wayfaring trip we visited the radio telescope at Parkes but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish.
Oh wow, that is BIG!!!!
ReplyDeleteAlso Love your shots of the last few days, that jumping silhouette is a prize winner.
Thanks Peter. The solhouette was a chance capture which pleased me a lot.
DeleteBig it is! :-)
ReplyDeleteAt least this big thing was nice and clean and well kept, so many of them fall into disrepair after a year or two.
DeleteMy husband enjoyed the frozen mango that they sell there.
mmmmm....I love mangoes.
ReplyDeleteI'd eat them every day if I could.
But if I eat too many I get hives!
And I can't believe I haven't had any since I got here - Boiled Peanuts.
ReplyDeleteI forgot about them!
I'll have to get off to the old Bettie Bros fruit shop for a bag tomorrow.
It actually looks like it's been cleaned up since the last time we were there a few years ago - Bowen is our nemesis. The only 2 times we've stayed there, there's been a massive unseasonal deluge!
ReplyDelete