Joan, I think you might know I'm 'addicted' to the tropics, so you can easily imagine how much I envy you when look at these fabulous pics! :-) How I would love to be down there and explore the reef.
If you ever get this way JM you will have a fabulous time. We didn't go snorkelling because my hubby is not all that keen on swimming but I am sure it would be a delightful.
In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town. On another wayfaring trip we visited the radio telescope at Parkes but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish.
What a great flight. The reef is beautiful and you saw the heart shaped one too.
ReplyDeleteI didn't even know about the heart reef until we started to see promotional material for the Whitsundays.
DeleteSitting here in the mountains tonight beside log fire I wish I was back at the warm delights of this spot.
It's spectacular, Joan. The colours are just so vivid from up there.
ReplyDeleteWhen we first turned the corner and saw the sea, the blue of the water was gasp worthy. It's even better from the sky.
DeleteWow wow wow!!!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely awesome!!!
Could you see any sharks in the water?
Nup, didn't see any sea creatures though later in the holiday we saw whales and dolphins.
DeleteJoan, I think you might know I'm 'addicted' to the tropics, so you can easily imagine how much I envy you when look at these fabulous pics! :-) How I would love to be down there and explore the reef.
ReplyDeleteIf you ever get this way JM you will have a fabulous time. We didn't go snorkelling because my hubby is not all that keen on swimming but I am sure it would be a delightful.
Delete