Skip to main content

Mango trees


Cultivated mango trees seem stunted.  I guess they keep them low for easier harvesting.

Comments

  1. We grow a lot of peaches here and they keep them pruned back. It encourages healthy new growth and makes them easier to pick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is what is happening here too .... then again I could be quite wrong and these might be some other tropical plant and not mangos at all.

      Delete
  2. You are right. It is for easier harvesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Avocados? Macadamias?
    Some of my Mum's family grew up around Bundaberg.
    She used to tell me that their backyard mango tree produced so much fruit,
    they buried it coz they couldn't eat it all - and nobody else around town
    wanted it coz they all had their own mango trees.
    I remember being horrified.
    Throwing away mangoes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it even weireder in PNG. There they eat the mangos when they are green and crunchy like apples. Never a ripe mango to be found.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals