Skip to main content

Fans and mangroves


Well I reckon it was worth the trip to see these.  The brochures on the Daintree show fan palms and I didn't quite get their significance until I walked under a tall forest of them.  They were beautiful.

And the boardwalk leads you from the palms through the mangroves to the sea.  Now mangroves are rather harder to love but have a weird grasping beauty of their own.


Comments

  1. Haven't seen those palms before either. They're beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The palms are beautiful.. I am really enjoying this trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this habitat and this palm tree species is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals