"To muse, to creep, to halt at will, to gaze ... such sweet wayfaring" William Wordsworth
Search This Blog
Murals
Many a country town paints their walls with murals in an attempt to make their drab surroundings tourist worthy, so I treated the idea of the murals a Bowen with scepticism. However when I saw them I was very pleasantly surprised. There were lots of them and all lovely.
I've seen many a dodgy mural in country towns. (I'm sure there could be material for a blog there!). Reminds me of the poor Spanish woman who "restored" the painting of Jesus. Have you seen it? http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/art-and-design/the-worlds-worst-art-restoration-or-street-art-by-seniors-20120824-24qa0.html
In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town. On another wayfaring trip we visited the radio telescope at Parkes but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish.
I especially like the one with the ladies in their 1920s outfits.
ReplyDeleteHowever been that dressed up in the field seems a little odd to me.
DeleteShe looks like she has her tennis outfit on!
DeleteThat's certainly an interesting take on the mural. Bowen seems to have a few tourist attractions these days.
ReplyDeleteIt seemed like a very lovely town to me. A nice spot for a holiday.
DeleteLots of interest here Joan ....good to see the towns-folk make an effort for the tourists.
ReplyDeleteI reckon the locals would enjoy them too.
DeleteThat's an interesting type of mural. Bowen, haven't been there yet.
ReplyDeleteI'd I thought you'd been everywhere!
DeleteNo way! Haven't been to Mt Isa, Winton, Birdsville, Airlie Beach or the Great Barrier reef in a glass bottom boat.
DeleteWell we get a few of those into this trip and just might do the rest next year because we loved our Qld tour so much this year.
DeleteThese are fabulous. Looks like a very interesting trip.
ReplyDeleteIt was an interesting trip .... can't wait for next year when we will venture to a warm place again, perhaps more of inland Queensland.
DeleteI've seen many a dodgy mural in country towns.
ReplyDelete(I'm sure there could be material for a blog there!).
Reminds me of the poor Spanish woman who "restored" the painting of Jesus.
Have you seen it?
http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/art-and-design/the-worlds-worst-art-restoration-or-street-art-by-seniors-20120824-24qa0.html
Yeh, I heard on the radio or TV recently that it has become a tourist attraction.
DeleteNot another blog!!