Hah! Had not thought of snakes! The grass is lovely and long and gone to seed gorgeously. Like a blousy southern woman who has tippled too much with the gin.
The rail in the second shot looks as though it is coming up hill, Joan. Is that facing east?
It is a gorgeous little nothingness isn't it. So tempting to open a restaurant, except with the full knowledge that it would close with massive debt within 6 months.
Did you see the item on the 7:30 Report last night about the "hART" project monitoring depression in rural communities? I saw so many of your Western Slopes images during the report. Such a confronting way of life for so many.
Letty, I've ever seen a few snakes while tramping about such places.
Julie, dunno east-west it is the 180 degree view from the top shot. I agree it is gorgeous that's why it is was a must do stop on my trip after I saw your shots. Missed the 7:30 report last night.
Martina ... anything with a minus number freaks me out as much as anything over or near 40. Both enjoyable in their own odd way but glad its not an always thing around here.
In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town. On another wayfaring trip we visited the radio telescope at Parkes but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish.
I really like the first photo ... very emotive ... railway to nowhere ... .
ReplyDeleteAh, and yes, we are at -2°C ...
Oo - you be careful of snakes!!
ReplyDeleteHah! Had not thought of snakes! The grass is lovely and long and gone to seed gorgeously. Like a blousy southern woman who has tippled too much with the gin.
ReplyDeleteThe rail in the second shot looks as though it is coming up hill, Joan. Is that facing east?
It is a gorgeous little nothingness isn't it. So tempting to open a restaurant, except with the full knowledge that it would close with massive debt within 6 months.
Did you see the item on the 7:30 Report last night about the "hART" project monitoring depression in rural communities? I saw so many of your Western Slopes images during the report. Such a confronting way of life for so many.
Letty, I've ever seen a few snakes while tramping about such places.
ReplyDeleteJulie, dunno east-west it is the 180 degree view from the top shot. I agree it is gorgeous that's why it is was a must do stop on my trip after I saw your shots. Missed the 7:30 report last night.
Martina ... anything with a minus number freaks me out as much as anything over or near 40. Both enjoyable in their own odd way but glad its not an always thing around here.
Nowhere looks very pleasant. I think I would like to buy a ticket.
ReplyDeleteI can't decide what shot I most like... both are lovely, J.E.!
ReplyDelete