What a wonderful photo ... all these trees. Again something exotic to me. Not the trees of course. And not the hill. But how the trees are arranged on the hill. Strange. I see, it's getting cold, ;-).
We have a forecast of -9 °C for tomorrow night but I simply refuse to believe it, harrharrharr.
What a sight for sore eyes! I agree with Martina: it is the arrangement of the trees that is striking.
However, you have shot this so well. The definition of the clouds really sets the bar and the shadows on the hill step into line consequentially.
Now ... what on earth are those two tanks doing there? The concrete large one and the smaller CI one. Water must be pumped up to them from a dam somewhere down where you are standing. Down there it would get the runoff from the slopes. But why do they need the water half-way up the hill?
Unless, it is to do with that row of saplings horizontally across the scene. Are those trees a crop of some sort? Ti-trees, perhaps?
A gorgeous Australian landscape, Joan. Take a bow!!
Thanks all, it's clear your enjoyed this scene as much as I did. Isn't it fascinating how light can transform an ordinary scene. I took another hill like this the other day and without the light it was dead boring.
Julie, those tanks are a mystery to me ... they didn't appear to be anywhere near a house. As I understand it they pump water up into the tanks higher up so there is good water pressure and I don't think the trees are any sort of crop.
Letty, I love Fred Williams paintings, the capture the Australian environment so authentically.
In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town. On another wayfaring trip we visited the radio telescope at Parkes but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish.
What a wonderful photo ... all these trees. Again something exotic to me. Not the trees of course. And not the hill. But how the trees are arranged on the hill. Strange.
ReplyDeleteI see, it's getting cold, ;-).
We have a forecast of -9 °C for tomorrow night but I simply refuse to believe it, harrharrharr.
What a sight for sore eyes! I agree with Martina: it is the arrangement of the trees that is striking.
ReplyDeleteHowever, you have shot this so well. The definition of the clouds really sets the bar and the shadows on the hill step into line consequentially.
Now ... what on earth are those two tanks doing there? The concrete large one and the smaller CI one. Water must be pumped up to them from a dam somewhere down where you are standing. Down there it would get the runoff from the slopes. But why do they need the water half-way up the hill?
Unless, it is to do with that row of saplings horizontally across the scene. Are those trees a crop of some sort? Ti-trees, perhaps?
A gorgeous Australian landscape, Joan. Take a bow!!
Oh I just love this one.
ReplyDeleteReminds me of a Fred Williams painting.
so lovely.
ReplyDeletemyletterstoemily.blogspot.com
A pretty rural scene, and a very brown one. Here the grass would be green.
ReplyDeleteFantastic! The trees are 'displayed' in such a cool way! Simply lovely!
ReplyDeleteThanks all, it's clear your enjoyed this scene as much as I did. Isn't it fascinating how light can transform an ordinary scene. I took another hill like this the other day and without the light it was dead boring.
ReplyDeleteJulie, those tanks are a mystery to me ... they didn't appear to be anywhere near a house. As I understand it they pump water up into the tanks higher up so there is good water pressure and I don't think the trees are any sort of crop.
Letty, I love Fred Williams paintings, the capture the Australian environment so authentically.