Skip to main content

Dunedoo


We were nearing Dunedoo at lunch time and I was pleased, looking forward to lunch at the White Rose  Cafe.  We were disappointed to find that it was closed.  I do hope it's not permanent as it is one of those character spots that should be preserved.  Nonethleless we enjoyed a pleasant lunch at the Bakery up the road.

I have grown to be rather fond of this town.  See more of it over at 100 Towns.  (Sorry for those accessing the site using a iPad, the slideshows are done with flash so not visible to you. As the project is nearing a close it is too much work to try and convert it to another format. We are up to #65).


Comments

  1. I was hoping for a pic of the giant toilet! Looks like a very cool cafe, hope it reopens soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like one of the old Greek run cafes. I visited on down in Gundagai and it was quite an experience. Good old, fashioned Australian milk bar food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, what a fine looking place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if I have ever seen a indoor photo on this blog? It's nice, the lighting and the perspective transports the atmosphere very well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals