Skip to main content

Woodstock


But for the sign on the highway announcing there was a Royal Hotel we would not have ventured to Woodstock and what a treat this little town was ... a place where history lingers.  I wonder if the verandahs on the Royal Hotel have been restored yet?  My photo was taken a few years ago but more recently than this photo uploaded to Wikpedia in 2006 which shows it with its iron lace verandah.

See more of Woodstock over at 100 Towns.

Comments

  1. I had to look up where Woodstock is. Great to see some TLC is happening to a great 101 year old Royal. I guess George V was king when it was built.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear it has been given a new life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you've got me looking for Royals wherever I go - it's amazing how many there are!! I'll be sending you another one soon ...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals