Skip to main content

Canowindra

Driving north of Cowra you come across Canowindra - said to be the ballooning capital of Australia.  Many years ago I spent a crisp Easter dawn on a hilltop watching the balloons rise ... that was before I was a photographer.  

This classic country town (population 2000) is a favourite of mine, with a meandering main street lined with buildings with iron lace verandahs.  It featured along with Shanghi in a recent Optus advertisement.  Maybe the rhino in the main street escaped from Western Plains zoo at Dubbo.  I'll take you to Dubbo next.

See more of Canowindra over at 100 towns.

Comments

  1. Wow! Looks like the drought's breaking - or about to!! Loving that wild storm energy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classic shot, reminds me of around Inverell. One day I will visit these places in the Central West.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals