Skip to main content

Abandoned 2


In the summer I guess it presents a totally different image.

Comments

  1. Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but: is this for humans or for livestock? A house or a barn or a stable or .. or ... ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many abandoned buildings. Has everyone left for the big city?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am astounded each time I venture into rural NSW just how much is abandoned. It is very beautiful, but sad at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Martina, this is a not a stupid question. I was wondering the same thing.

    It would not be for livestock because we typically only house horses, pigs and poultry and it doesn't look at all like a stable, pig sty or chicken coop.

    If it was a house I would expect a chimney and there isn't one.

    That leaves it to be a shed but it is the wrong shape and has far to many doors, windows as well as floor boards so is unlikely to have started life as a shed.

    So I am opting for it having been an old and somewhat temporary house.

    AB, there are heaps and heaps of houses which are not abandoned but I don't find them interesting to photograph.

    Julie, I think we are just very attuned to old rusty stuff :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Windy August

Tumbleweed It was August (known to be a windy month of the year) and it was blowing a gale.  Tumbleweeds hurtled across our path, pressed forward by the busy wind. While I was photographing the tumbleweed, I braved the icy blast to find a few more tiny flowers and fruits by the roadside.

Big sky country 3

The Pinnacles, Broken Hill Clear blue sky is very dull!  But there is something of interest in the image.  These odd shaped mountains appear on the skyline just outside the city. I had planned otherwise for my closing sky today.  On a hill outside town there are wonderful sandstone sculptures which I saw the last time I was here. I planned to photograph them against the setting sun but we left our run too late, so you don’t get to see them until our return journey.

Country lines 1 of 2