Skip to main content

A country road


The poplars don't colour in the mountains, the leaves just drop off, but out west they go golden. So what better excuse for a drive out to Mudgee for the weekend. I've been wanting to go back ever since our trip on an incredibly hot day in December.

My backlog has been used up so I will be posting every second day for a while.

Comments

  1. what a beautiful pic. they look a bit
    like our aspen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome pic that is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the horizontal divisions in the image, and that even the trees are in transition.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Windy August

Tumbleweed It was August (known to be a windy month of the year) and it was blowing a gale.  Tumbleweeds hurtled across our path, pressed forward by the busy wind. While I was photographing the tumbleweed, I braved the icy blast to find a few more tiny flowers and fruits by the roadside.

Big sky country 3

The Pinnacles, Broken Hill Clear blue sky is very dull!  But there is something of interest in the image.  These odd shaped mountains appear on the skyline just outside the city. I had planned otherwise for my closing sky today.  On a hill outside town there are wonderful sandstone sculptures which I saw the last time I was here. I planned to photograph them against the setting sun but we left our run too late, so you don’t get to see them until our return journey.

Country lines 1 of 2