Skip to main content

Bungleboori


After bumping along the road for a while we reached Bungleboori camping area which is at the cross roads of a number of tracks. As this was a quick trip we gave the road to the interesting glow worm tunnels a miss and took the Blackfellows Hand fire trail.

Yes, I know it was a cool damp day but you really have to wonder who would drive off leaving coals glowing red at any time of year.

Musing:
Reminds me of an old Girl Guide song
"Fire's burning, fire's burning
Draw nearer, draw nearer
In the gloaming, in the gloaming
Come sing and be merry."

Comments

  1. The scene was so beautiful that I didn't think that about someone leaving the fire to burn out. Then again, there's nothing else there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the names: Bungleboori and Blackfellows Hand fire trail.

    Some people have no idea: as though Victoria never happened!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it's unbelieveble! Fires have started here in the north and it's still March...
    Beautiful spot and composition too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals