Skip to main content

Another goanna


We saw this old hut with an aboriginal style painting of a goanna on its door on the road to Dunns Swamp. Dunns Swamp is a popular camping area in the Wollemi National Park a huge wilderness area. I am sure we will go back there one day to camp.

Dunns Swamp was formed by trapped waters of Kandos Weir, established in the 1920s when the Cudgegong River was dammed to provide water for the Kandos Cement Works.

Comments

  1. I just love aboriginal art although I know very little about it. Lovely composition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Graffiti artists could learn a thing or two from this image. It's simplicity is so deeply satisying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with Paula. Good eyes, Joan.

    Golly this area is so lovely ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, my eyes are always roving for interesting subjects. Poor hubby has to keep his eyes on the road and come so a halt in a safe spot whenever I see something interesting. He is very obliging.

    I am sure he is happy with my obsession however as it gets us out and about to some really lovely places and at night time while I am blogging he can watch endless documentaries on the History channel without me complaining.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals