Skip to main content

Mudgee


This is the only photo I took in Mudgee -- a historic town that sits well with its modern persona. Today Mudgee is vibrant town of around 8,500 people, much larger than the other towns we have been visiting. The district is well known for its fine wine, superior rural produce, and is a popular destination for city weekenders and more permanent "tree changers".

We intend travelling back to spend a full weekend and I will capture the essence of the place then.

Comments

  1. This is just terrific: the colour, the texture, the lines ...

    Just makes my eye buzz.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Big sky country 3

The Pinnacles, Broken Hill Clear blue sky is very dull!  But there is something of interest in the image.  These odd shaped mountains appear on the skyline just outside the city. I had planned otherwise for my closing sky today.  On a hill outside town there are wonderful sandstone sculptures which I saw the last time I was here. I planned to photograph them against the setting sun but we left our run too late, so you don’t get to see them until our return journey.

Windy August

Tumbleweed It was August (known to be a windy month of the year) and it was blowing a gale.  Tumbleweeds hurtled across our path, pressed forward by the busy wind. While I was photographing the tumbleweed, I braved the icy blast to find a few more tiny flowers and fruits by the roadside.

Country lines 1 of 2