Skip to main content

Wongarbon


Much to my surprise Wongarbon also turned out to be a town.  It's another small town of about 500 people beside the railway line.  It has a school, general store, community hall, some closed shops, grain silo, big old pepperina trees and  a jacaranda or two in flower.

We also found this rather nice art gallery. The artist made his gallery by rescuing some old shops.  He said it was dirt floor with crumbling walls. When you see the state of some old buildings in these towns I have to admire his effort.

I will post images of Wongarbon over at 100 towns tomorrow as  I am rather busy this evening.

Comments

  1. Good on the artist for making such an effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a good thing he was passionate about his gallery, and hopefully he gets some visitors dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to the artist for turning an old building into a gallery. Quite the accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, it might be only me but I find this horse's head a little bit spooky. Imagine it at night, in the dark. Uuuuuuuh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh could be spooking in the night ... didn't think of that.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals