Skip to main content

Not green


Remember how green the pastures around Oberon were on our recent trip.  Just a week later and a hour or two further up the road the landscape is so different.  It's not a drought.  We are in wheat country and the crop turns from green to golden at harvest time.   It's an exciting time to be our here.  I will show you more of the harvest later in the series.

Comments

  1. You know you're in the plains when you see country like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty. It shows the wealth of the land.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, to the uniformed (like me) looks can be deceptive, I guess.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals