"To muse, to creep, to halt at will, to gaze ... such sweet wayfaring" William Wordsworth
Search This Blog
Wallaby
As we traced our way back home we spotted these wallabies grazing on the grass. Wallabies are rather like small kangaroos ... shorter legs, different colouring. That's it for this trip.
When I learnt you were going camping I was very jealous, until I discovered I was going to New Orleans. Then I felt better. Still, I love to camp and this looks wonderful. And the wallabies are cute.
I agree they are particularly cute. I saw a news report yesterday about some Koala's in Japan costing their zoo 1 million dollars a year to feed (because they need special time of gum leaf) at a time when their city is going broke and the soup kitchen queue is growing. But people said they were worth it because the Koala's are so cute. Interesting to ponder, perhaps the Koala's should be sent on a period of home leave.
In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town. On another wayfaring trip we visited the radio telescope at Parkes but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish.
I am sorry, I do not normally react like this. But my immediate reaction was "How cute!"
ReplyDeleteThose little brown hands, standing there holding its little cap ready to go up to the alter.
How cute ...
When I learnt you were going camping I was very jealous, until I discovered I was going to New Orleans. Then I felt better. Still, I love to camp and this looks wonderful. And the wallabies are cute.
ReplyDeleteI agree they are particularly cute. I saw a news report yesterday about some Koala's in Japan costing their zoo 1 million dollars a year to feed (because they need special time of gum leaf) at a time when their city is going broke and the soup kitchen queue is growing. But people said they were worth it because the Koala's are so cute. Interesting to ponder, perhaps the Koala's should be sent on a period of home leave.
ReplyDelete