Skip to main content

Injune in June


We were there on the night of the annual  celebration -- Injune in June -- a great excuse for locals and visitors to huddle around a big campfile to ward off the winter chill while being seranaded by the local talent singing country songs. I enjoyed the evening a lot.

Comments

  1. A good capture of country life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it was fun. Nothing like a country shindig!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I like about the country is the way they create their own fun, not just buy a ticket to some show others have created.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It was a wintery night but we mountain people are used to cold weather.

      Delete
  4. One of these photos where I think: Oh, I would like to have been there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would have had a real taste of country Australia if you had been there.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Windy August

Tumbleweed It was August (known to be a windy month of the year) and it was blowing a gale.  Tumbleweeds hurtled across our path, pressed forward by the busy wind. While I was photographing the tumbleweed, I braved the icy blast to find a few more tiny flowers and fruits by the roadside.

Big sky country 3

The Pinnacles, Broken Hill Clear blue sky is very dull!  But there is something of interest in the image.  These odd shaped mountains appear on the skyline just outside the city. I had planned otherwise for my closing sky today.  On a hill outside town there are wonderful sandstone sculptures which I saw the last time I was here. I planned to photograph them against the setting sun but we left our run too late, so you don’t get to see them until our return journey.

Country lines 1 of 2