Skip to main content

Red Rumped Parrot


These little parrots are frequently seen out in the west, sometimes in quite big flocks. At the time I posted that original photo Letty helped identify then as Red Rumped Parrots.  In this photo you can just see the red under his wings.

Comments

  1. Aren't they the cutest little dudes?
    We don't seem to see them much in Ararat but when we were back at our old home in Melbourne last week - I spotted them everywhere in the parks.
    They always make me feel happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are gorgeous, but parrots generally are. They are such a gregarious bird. And I love how their least obvious feature becomes their identifier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet little birds. Such soft pastel colours and then that dash of red! Special.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals