Skip to main content

More abandon


The next part of the plan was to divert from the highway so some of the small towns on the way.  I was delighted by this wonderful abandoned building on the outskirts of Gunning.  This is one of the most interesting I have ever taken with all the assorted building materials from earth to timber to tin against the backdrop of blossom.

Comments

  1. This is just a perfect shot with the speckelty blossoms adding a touch of soft - love this photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blossom takes it into a different sphere altogether, Joan. Is that mud and saplings in that wall?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it is mud and saplings. And the out building looks like mud bricks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, it is interesting, all sorts of building materials used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a bewdie!!
    And don't the blossoms set it off beautifully.

    Actually there is a website you might like - it's in Russian but you can put it into google translate to read it. Amazing abandoned buildings!!
    http://pandora-lj.livejournal.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful shot, capturing the mystery of times past. I can almost hear the gentle buzz of bees!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals