"To muse, to creep, to halt at will, to gaze ... such sweet wayfaring" William Wordsworth
Search This Blog
16. Country towns
So what makes a quintessential country town ... old shops with verandahs, lots of empty windows, home grown signs and with the bit of luck a Royal Hotel.
So much to like about this, to start with: the morning fog. It doesn't look to be thriving, does it? So reminds me of Denman, except even Denman is better than this. I think you have its "Royal". I found a "royal" on George Street a couple of weeks ago.
A cold frosty Sunday morning ... no wonder the street is empty. I find Dunedoo in the daytime to be quite a lovely little down and it certainly has a vintage feel which is of course charming.
In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town. On another wayfaring trip we visited the radio telescope at Parkes but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish.
So much to like about this, to start with: the morning fog. It doesn't look to be thriving, does it? So reminds me of Denman, except even Denman is better than this. I think you have its "Royal". I found a "royal" on George Street a couple of weeks ago.
ReplyDeleteSend the Royal in. It is time I updated the gallery. I might find time over Christmas. I even collected a new one of my own this week.
DeleteThis end of town is not thriving. BTW it is Dunedoo.
Wonderful photo. It has a real vintage feel to it, even down to the empty street.
ReplyDeleteA cold frosty Sunday morning ... no wonder the street is empty. I find Dunedoo in the daytime to be quite a lovely little down and it certainly has a vintage feel which is of course charming.
DeleteThe weather makes it look sad and old.
ReplyDeleteI agree old but I am not sure if I think it is a sad look, more mystery to me.
DeleteAnother beautiful shot - love the misty weather.
ReplyDeleteI think it looks peaceful and reassuring.
Interesting to see how we all interpret the image differently.
Delete