"To muse, to creep, to halt at will, to gaze ... such sweet wayfaring" William Wordsworth
Search This Blog
Bookshop 1 of 3
I quickly tired of the department stores and headed to something more to my taste ... Dymocks bookshop. I am thinking of starting a series on books and bookshops ... will have more success with that than city lines I reckon.
I love Dymocks, but have never been to their coffee shop. I must admit that nowadays I mostly take the escalator down to "children's". I am prepared to buy adult books online, but hardly ever children's ...
In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town. On another wayfaring trip we visited the radio telescope at Parkes but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish.
It's so sad that the number of bookshops in the city have wittled down in recent years. Hopefully Dymocks is here to stay.
ReplyDeleteFortunately most of the good ones are still around.
ReplyDeleteI love Dymocks, but have never been to their coffee shop. I must admit that nowadays I mostly take the escalator down to "children's". I am prepared to buy adult books online, but hardly ever children's ...
ReplyDeleteI tried ebooks but at heart I am a book collector and ebooks just are not the same.
Delete