Skip to main content

Reading


The tiny camera's tiny battery ran out so I went back to my reading.

The note with the sculpture says "This bronze and copper sculpture contrasts a series of small human forms with the architectural weight of on oversize staircase. The artwork has a philosophical aspect by reflecting on the effect of reading on the spirit - 'the more I read the smaller I feel'."

Crikey, I dunno about you but if reading made me feel like that I'd stop.


Comments

  1. A very cool sculpture! Your last sentence made me laugh! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, stupid inscription. I could understand, if perhaps, it somehow meant that reading enabled me to see that I was just a small cog in the universe, and a small contibutor to the variety of humankind. But, if it meant that, why be so bloody obtuse?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weird concept. Julie has said it all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Windy August

Tumbleweed It was August (known to be a windy month of the year) and it was blowing a gale.  Tumbleweeds hurtled across our path, pressed forward by the busy wind. While I was photographing the tumbleweed, I braved the icy blast to find a few more tiny flowers and fruits by the roadside.

Big sky country 3

The Pinnacles, Broken Hill Clear blue sky is very dull!  But there is something of interest in the image.  These odd shaped mountains appear on the skyline just outside the city. I had planned otherwise for my closing sky today.  On a hill outside town there are wonderful sandstone sculptures which I saw the last time I was here. I planned to photograph them against the setting sun but we left our run too late, so you don’t get to see them until our return journey.

Country lines 1 of 2