Skip to main content

11,000 kilometers


And so we reached the end of our long journey.  In our garden winter flowering camellias were in bloom, the first blossom was whitening the boughs of the pear trees and the air was fragrant with jonquil, daphne and wattle.  Ah home!!

Thank you for following along with me over so many months which actually took 9 weeks but much longer to report.  It has been a delight to relive one of the best journeys I have ever travelled.

Comments

  1. That was one epic journey. Congratulations on making it back safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More of any epic for my faithful blog followers I think :-)

      Delete
  2. That's a VERY long trip!! But one I have enjoyed vicariously as you took me to some familiar places I haven't been in awhile. So how are you going to top it on your next holiday??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably back into Qld next winter to fill in some of the gaps. When I am working on the road it is the most convenient ... good phone coverage and in the same time zone ... otherwise I would be tempted to do WA.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals