Skip to main content

The view


Here's the view from the Pinnacle lookout.

Comments

  1. FAAABULOUS to see so much green after such a dry summer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red, the end of summer was not at all dry around here.

      Delete
  2. Whenever I look out over a landscape like that from up on high, I wish
    I could spread my wings and soar out over it.
    Have you seen this fellow who zooms around on a motorized paraglider?
    I saw him years ago in a National Geographic magazine and ever since then
    I've dreamt of having a go.
    http://www.nationalgeographic.com/explorers/explorers-take-flight/#/george-steinmetz-paraglider_58065_600x450.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't and I am almost too scared to follow the link ... I don't like the idea of soaring like a bird on a fragile bit of flying equipment.

      I followed the link anyway ... there is no way i'd dream of doing that ... it would be a nightmare.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Windy August

Tumbleweed It was August (known to be a windy month of the year) and it was blowing a gale.  Tumbleweeds hurtled across our path, pressed forward by the busy wind. While I was photographing the tumbleweed, I braved the icy blast to find a few more tiny flowers and fruits by the roadside.

Big sky country 3

The Pinnacles, Broken Hill Clear blue sky is very dull!  But there is something of interest in the image.  These odd shaped mountains appear on the skyline just outside the city. I had planned otherwise for my closing sky today.  On a hill outside town there are wonderful sandstone sculptures which I saw the last time I was here. I planned to photograph them against the setting sun but we left our run too late, so you don’t get to see them until our return journey.

Country lines 1 of 2