"To muse, to creep, to halt at will, to gaze ... such sweet wayfaring" William Wordsworth
Search This Blog
Coolah Tops National Park
At the top of the hill the farmland gives way to the trees of the national park. The soil is rich and the rainfall high so the trees are tall. There is good quality dirt road through the park.
Tumbleweed It was August (known to be a windy month of the year) and it was blowing a gale. Tumbleweeds hurtled across our path, pressed forward by the busy wind. While I was photographing the tumbleweed, I braved the icy blast to find a few more tiny flowers and fruits by the roadside.
The Pinnacles, Broken Hill Clear blue sky is very dull! But there is something of interest in the image. These odd shaped mountains appear on the skyline just outside the city. I had planned otherwise for my closing sky today. On a hill outside town there are wonderful sandstone sculptures which I saw the last time I was here. I planned to photograph them against the setting sun but we left our run too late, so you don’t get to see them until our return journey.
Did it smell good?
ReplyDeleteIt looks like it smelled (smelt?) good.
It smelt crisp and clean ... can't remember any other distinctive aroma.
DeleteLove this. It exudes such a sense of calm. A meandering road in no hurry to anywhere but through the tall trees...
ReplyDeleteYeh it is a no hurry kind of place. Even over a glorious warm Easter long weekend not a bothersome amount of traffic.
Deletemy favourite type of road....
ReplyDeleteA follower of my blog for a while you already not this is my type of road :-)
DeleteAnother lovely place to visit.
ReplyDelete