Skip to main content

#96 Newnes


Newnes is a relic town with plenty of relics.  Those who follow my Blue Mountains blog might remember a tour of the shale oil ruins that I showed a couple of years ago.  Of the town that used to be the old hotel is all that is left.

It is in the beautiful Wolgan Valley overlooked by the cliffs of the Blue Mountains which also now hides a six star resort.   You can enjoy it for $2000 a night or camp for free down the road. Either way I am sure you will enjoy it.

I will post Newnes as town number #96 at 100 towns sometime soon.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals