Australia Day January 26, 2012 The Australian bush may not be postcard perfect but I love it ... happy Australia Day. Share Get link Facebook X Pinterest Email Other Apps Share Get link Facebook X Pinterest Email Other Apps Comments VickiJanuary 26, 2012 at 3:25 PMHappy Australia Day! I think the Australian bush is postcard perfect. Certainly my sort of postcard. :)ReplyDeleteRepliesReplyUnknownJanuary 27, 2012 at 4:31 AMIt's beautiful, Joan. Happy Australia Day!ReplyDeleteRepliesReplyJulieJanuary 28, 2012 at 10:16 PMPostcards are over-rated. They reflect cliches for folk who cannot think for themselves.I like the colours of our bush, but I especially like the smell of our bush.Not sure that I like Australia Day. It tends to bring out the drongo in us.ReplyDeleteRepliesReplyRed Nomad OZJanuary 29, 2012 at 5:38 PMWell, that depends on your point of view!! Your shot looks VERY Frederick McCubbin - and his paintings are BEYOND postcards!!ReplyDeleteRepliesReplyJoan ElizabethJanuary 29, 2012 at 9:57 PMYes Red the colour here is very McCubbin.Julie, I have warmed to Australia Day since they run it on the fixed date, though the date can be contentious. As for postcards ... I wonder how many of the shots we put in our blogs would rate as postcards (hence cliche by Julie's definition).ReplyDeleteRepliesReplyAdd commentLoad more... Post a Comment
Listening to the stars September 11, 2015 In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town. On another wayfaring trip we visited the radio telescope at Parkes but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. Read more
Happy Australia Day! I think the Australian bush is postcard perfect. Certainly my sort of postcard. :)
ReplyDeleteIt's beautiful, Joan. Happy Australia Day!
ReplyDeletePostcards are over-rated. They reflect cliches for folk who cannot think for themselves.
ReplyDeleteI like the colours of our bush, but I especially like the smell of our bush.
Not sure that I like Australia Day. It tends to bring out the drongo in us.
Well, that depends on your point of view!! Your shot looks VERY Frederick McCubbin - and his paintings are BEYOND postcards!!
ReplyDeleteYes Red the colour here is very McCubbin.
ReplyDeleteJulie, I have warmed to Australia Day since they run it on the fixed date, though the date can be contentious.
As for postcards ... I wonder how many of the shots we put in our blogs would rate as postcards (hence cliche by Julie's definition).