Skip to main content

Denman


Then we roll into the town of Denman ... a place of great note because it is the town of fellow blogger Julie's childhood and has a new Royal Hotel to add to the collection, one of the smartest ones we've seen.

Comments

  1. Yee-hah ... I was last in Denman in 2002 when my brothers and I took Dad to stay on our old farm which now has two 'farm-stay' cottages on it.

    I moved to Denman in 1956 aged 8 and attended Primary school there before travelling to High School in Muswellbrook where I completed the last Leaving Certificate in 1965 (the HSC commenced in 1966). I then went to University in Newcastle where I boarded. My father left Denman in 1971.

    It is a very handsome pub, I agree. The Denman Hotel is on the other diagonal of that same intersection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice looking Royal and a drive down memory lane for Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeh I know the Denman Hotel is over the road. I saw that and couldn't for the life of me see the Royal for a while .. not that I didn't see it ... I didn't see it's name.

    Boarding ... that's a blast from the past ... do kids do that anymore?

    Denman is a perfect place for farm stay cottages. The rural scenery is beautiful around there and of course the vineyards etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a big collection you already have! This one is great, lovely building.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals