Skip to main content

Country town




It's a typical country town from top to bottom --
One of several local cafes,  I think it is the courthouse and police station you can see reflected in the window
Guns and ammo shop which is near the hardware store, newsagent. and a bank.
The vet which beside a lolly shop
Butcher and baker which are near the supermarket,
You can see one of the hotels in the background of the bottom shot.
The shire hall and old school of arts (now a Guide Hall) are next door to the Memorial Hall I showed you the other day
The CWA is in the show ground.  We're going to the show next.
I don't yet have photos of the stone churches and some of the rather interesting homes in this town.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals