Skip to main content

Rural Landscape 2 of 3


With the church spire poking through it looks so Old World. I'm going to take you to the Farmer's Market at the church a bit later in the sequence.

Comments

  1. Oh yes, changes the scene quite markedly. Howewver, it is still unmistakably Australian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The landscape and the colours look a lot like England to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lovely photo invites a leisurely stroll over the paddock, through the trees and out on to the church grounds :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. The distant spire looks great there. Great composition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exactly what I thought: could be in Germany as well. I wonder what Julie sees as unmistakably Australian, ;-). Please tell me, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Martina, the iron-bark tree in the foreground, the mix of trees along the creek in the mid-ground and the blue of the eucalyptus rising from the hills beyond.

    I think this all to be not 'lime' enough for Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great composition. It is great to see some old towns are still in good shape after seeing the ruins in SA.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie, thank you very much. Of course I didn't recognise the iron bark tree - definitely some tree you won't find in Germany in the middle of the landscape ;-). While mixed forest and "blueish" mountains - this (i.e. the photo) could very well be one of the low mountain ranges in Central Europe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals