I have a friend who lives in Burra, when we go in 2 weeks I hope to look her up if our tour coach stops there. I'm pretty sure it will. Love the big sky and the little sheep. We always laugh when we see sheep it reminds us of a conversation we had about the English language. If we call a one foot a foot and two, feet, why don't we call one sheep a shoop.?
In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town. On another wayfaring trip we visited the radio telescope at Parkes but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish.
A green view like that is always welcome after being away isn't it. I thought Burra was a nice little place, hope you enjoyed it too.
ReplyDeleteI have a friend who lives in Burra, when we go in 2 weeks I hope to look her up if our tour coach stops there. I'm pretty sure it will. Love the big sky and the little sheep. We always laugh when we see sheep it reminds us of a conversation we had about the English language. If we call a one foot a foot and two, feet, why don't we call one sheep a shoop.?
ReplyDeleteSusan. yes I enjoyed Burra. Photos coming up tomorrow. The green is almost a shock after the desert.
ReplyDeleteDiane, I was wondering when you were off on your trip. Looks like the weather is going to be kind to you which is great. Shoop ... like that.
Lovely image!
ReplyDeleteAny black-faced ones?
ReplyDeleteI know sheep are pretty daft animals, but I love to see them like this. Little white dots against a sea of green.
ReplyDelete