"To muse, to creep, to halt at will, to gaze ... such sweet wayfaring" William Wordsworth
Search This Blog
Rural landscape 1 or 3
Let's get the ball rolling with some landscape shots taken at the edge of the town of Mudgee. They are just pretty pictures but that is the point - it is pretty country around here.
Gulgong has a Henry Lawson Festival too and a Henry Lawson Museum. The town has also has a quite large jam packed local history museum too. Worth a visit.
In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town. On another wayfaring trip we visited the radio telescope at Parkes but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish.
Yeah, I love all those names too - Dunnedoo especially.
ReplyDeleteNice to see that paddock all ploughed up too. Gulgong ... not sure I have ever been out that way.
I am considering Grenfell for the Queens Bday LWE 2011 for the Henry Lawson Festival.
Gulgong has a Henry Lawson Festival too and a Henry Lawson Museum. The town has also has a quite large jam packed local history museum too. Worth a visit.
ReplyDeleteI love landscapes and this is a beauty. Yep, the Gulgong Henry Lawson museum is good.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great spot to visit - haven't really explored that area at all, so looking forward to seeing more pix!
ReplyDeleteHappy travels!!
I will check up on my railway map which is easier.
ReplyDelete