Skip to main content

Burra

Slidehow of my morning walk in Burra.




We visited Burra on the recommendation of my niece.  It is an old copper mining town with beautifully preserved buildings and is now a well functioning service centre for the surrounding farming communities.  It was a pretty place for an early morning walk and home to the only other Royal hotel I found in South Australia (a royalish one.)


Comments

  1. It's a very pretty old town. The buildings are beautifully preserved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great slide show. The fence (or wall) shot is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really nice collection of photos and enjoyable to see around Burra in this way. Thank you!
    Those stone buildings have such character.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to go to Burra!
    These photos are especially beautiful because of the morning light.
    Love the little terrace houses coming down the hill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely light captured here, Joan.

    I especially like the shot of the grocer shot and the glorious DoF of the fence closeup.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Listening to the stars

In the morning we went out to see the radio telescope 20 or so kms out of town.  On another wayfaring trip  we visited the radio telescope at Parkes  but this one is an array of dishes on a long track that can act like one big dish. 

Royal Hotel - Ganman

And I wrap up this trip with the Royal Hotel at Ganman.

Farm animals